Before you take NOURIANZ, tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, including if you:
- have a history of abnormal movement (dyskinesia)
- have a history of psychotic thinking or behavior
- have reduced liver function
- smoke cigarettes or use other tobacco products
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. NOURIANZ may harm your unborn baby
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
NOURIANZ and other medicines may affect each other causing side effects. NOURIANZ may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how NOURIANZ works.
What are the possible side effects of NOURIANZ?
NOURIANZ may cause serious side effects, including:
- uncontrolled sudden movements (dyskinesia). Uncontrolled sudden movements is one of the most common side effects.
- hallucinations and other symptoms of psychosis. NOURIANZ can cause abnormal thinking and behavior, including:
- being overly suspicious or feeling people want to harm you (paranoid ideation)
- believing things that are not real (delusions)
- seeing or hearing things that are not real (hallucinations)
- increased activity or talking (mania)
- aggressive behavior
- delirium (decreased awareness of things around you)
- unusual urges (impulse control or compulsive behaviors). Some people taking NOURIANZ get urges to behave in a way unusual for them. Examples of this are unusual urges to gamble, increased sexual urges, strong urges to spend money, binge eating, and the inability to control these urges.
If you notice or your family notices that you are developing any new or unusual symptoms or behaviors, talk to your healthcare provider.
The most common side effects of NOURIANZ include uncontrolled movements (dyskinesia), dizziness, constipation, nausea, hallucinations, and problems sleeping (insomnia).
These are not all the possible side effects of NOURIANZ.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please see Patient Information for NOURIANZ.